Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spring Rolls with Thai Peanut Sauce



Spring Rolls with Thai Peanut Sauce

For the filling I use:
Chopped Cabbage (this time I had purple and Napa)
Avocado
Sprouts (I used Alfalfa but you could use any kind, or even Bean Sprouts would work)
Cilantro
Sauce:
Mix Peanut Butter with some hot water *, Bragg’s Aminos and Red Pepper Flakes.
* I used coconut milk that I blended from coconut meat I had with water, it made it a little creamier.  You could use canned coconut milk also or just water.

Rice Paper Rolls, found in Asian section.  Put about ½ inch water in the bottom of large fry pan and heat until water is warm but not hot.  Dip Rice Paper individually, when softened carefully remove from water and lay on plate, use paper towel to blot up some water. 

Layer filling and carefully fold sides in and ends up.  It’s easiest to use a spoon to put sauce on rather than dipping, it will fall apart.

1 comment: