Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

My favorite subject...Healthy Eating

Since I've been here I've been cooking alot.  I've got a great kitchen with a huge window with a breeze.  It's also nice to cook for someone other than just myself.  Gunnar really appreciates the healthy food as well.  Luckily there is a Whole Foods in Kahului, about 20 minutes away.  There are other good Health Food stores around as well that I've scoped out.  The other great thing is the farmers markets.  They are able to grow lots of produce here in Kula which is in the mountains with perfect weather year round for growing. It's also mostly cheaper than the produce at the stores.

As we were eating one of the meals, I thought to myself, I should have taken a picture of this before we started, cuz it looked really good.  So I got the idea to start taking pictures and sharing my recipes.  I usually have an idea of what would go together based on the ingredients that I have so they aren't formal recipes but more like ideas. You'll find that I use Tempeh in almost all of my recipes.  It is a fermented Soy Bean that is high in protein, easily digestible and very filling.  They always turn out really good, especially since they are healthy and the key thing for me is that they are "Quick and Easy" taking 30 min. or less to prepare.  So I'm going to start sharing these here on my blog.  Hopefully they will inspire you to give it a try.  Eating healthy can be easy and enjoyable.

If you have any questions please let me know, or I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

To your health,
I wish you well!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! This will help me figure out what to eat. Could you post a list of things you try to keep on hand?

    ReplyDelete