Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

BBQ Tempeh and Big Salad

 BBQ Tempeh and Big Salad

1 package Tempeh cut into bite sized pieces, marinate with Worschester sauce for 10 mins.
1 med yellow onion sliced into half moons

Saute on high heat until browned, add veg broth or water if needed, lower heat and cook until onions tender.


In separate bowl mix Organic Ketchup (no HFCS), brown or spicy mustard, pineapple juice, garlic, worschester sauce and horseradish (your best guess on measurements).  Add to pan with Tempeh and onions on med-high heat until thickened

I make my salads based on what I have on hand but I usually always have Organic mixed baby greens, frozen peas (put in strainer and run under warm water for a minute), sprouted mung beans (so easy to make yourself and keep in the fridge), raw sunflower seeds that I keep in the freezer.  I also love coleslaw mix that you can buy in a big bag as Sam's Club, the cabbage gives good crunch.

My favorite salad dressing is equal parts Balsamic Vinegar and Dijon mustard, easy, cheap and healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment