Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy Marinated, Browned Tempeh

Make this ahead of time and keep in fridge to chop and add to any recipe.  I think it's also a yummy snack to munch on and dip in any sauce or salsa.  Or, occasionally I will get a craving for Ketchup and Mustard and dip it in (make sure Ketchup does not contain HFCS)

Marinade in equal parts Balsamic Vinegar and Bragg's Aminos with minced garlic, the longer, the stronger the flavor will be, you choose.  Or, use any marinade flavor that you love.

I browned this in my Rice Cooker by pressing "Steam" function, wait until inner pot is hot and place Tempeh in and close lid.  Wait 3-5 minues and turn when brown on one side, do the same on the other side.  Let cool and keep in fridge.  You could also do this under the broiler in your oven or in a pan on the stove.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of "steaming" in the rice cooker...I'll definitely try it next time.
    THX

    ReplyDelete